Monday, June 23, 2014

Short Hills Week 6, Week 48 Mission


Hola Familia,
 
Hope things are going great at home and that dad is recovering well. I have been praying a lot for you all. I loved the pictures today with Alexis and Frank home!!!! So good to see them there. I knew you missed having them home. I got to see them flying overhead this past week. Ha its nice to see them at home. 
 
So I was fairly certain that Elder Lundquist and I would stay together for another transfer in Short Hills, but we got transfer texts this morning and we found out that he is leaving so I will be getting a new companion tomorrow at transfer conference. Im excited but I really wanted to stay with him and work hard and have fun together like we have been doing, but the scripture keeps ringing in my head, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." So I have been having faith I will get somebody hard working and obedient and that it is for the best. Change is good. Elder Lundquist is leaving and we have been told that our apartment is turning into a two man again tomorrow. So the other Elders are out. So it will be an interesting transfer coming up.
 
I also got a call being released from district leader last night, which is typical. It has been 4 transfers and about 6 months, and usually district leaders don't get much more than 4 in a row in this mission. I was super not expecting it though. I am actually pretty sad about it. I loved being a district leader and being involved with other missionaries and helping them reach their potential. So it will be a big change but I know its from the Lord. We will see where this next transfer takes me. Ready for it.
 
We got to visit the New York City temple on Tuesday. It was so fun and yes I did get to see the new temple video. Man, it almost brought me to tears. SO GOOD. I loved it. The whole trip was fun but so crazy. Just the transportation is so nuts. We drove to Newark, took a train to a big station in Newark. Then switched trains to cross the river and enter New York to Penn station, then took a train to the temple. So crazy. We actually got lost on the way back. Super funny we all (our zone) got onto one train then realized we needed tickets, but the train was just about to leave. So we all just ran down the aisles of the train and rushed out in probably 5 seconds right when the train was about to go. It was so funny. Just imagine 22 missionaries running through a train and all getting off in a few seconds. But the temple was such a blessing. I just loved going again. I just can't describe the peace I feel there. Just everything is going to be ok. I love it. 
 
Its been crazy. One of the Elders in our apartment in going home on Wednesday to complete his 2 years. So we have had to rush him to the mission home a few times this past week for interviews and meetings. IT has been fun to be around him and to learn from him. Elder Gossner is his companion and he is a very spiritual missionary and very solemn. It will be sad to see them both go. Their area is getting combined with a sister area so this sisters will take over their investigators. So they are leaving and it will just be two of us in the apartment.
 
President and SIster Jeppson are leaving on Friday and the Taggarts come in that morning. Big change. This whole mission is changing. But its for the best. Its sad to see them go but I am excited to have this change. Wow change is tough but its the only way we progress. I have learned that a lot out here. 
 
Things are good and they will continue to be good if we are faithful. I love that promise.
 
Hope the family is doing well together and Sam loved EFY. I miss him.
 
I love you all,
Elder Sumsion

NYC Temple

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment