Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Short Hills Week 2, week 44 Mission



Wow pretty solid week this past week. We had some fun and did some work out here. So for the first 10 months of my mission I truly believed that there was no limit to hard work. The harder I work, the happier I will be? right? Ha I think I worked myself out. I got super sick this past weekend from Saturday until yesterday. At the start of my mission I made a goal to not waste any time on my mission sleeping EVER. Just get to bed on time and wake up on time and things will work out. NO NAPS.  But all this work finally added up on me and I was knocked out cold on P-day for a about a two hour nap. I was pretty sick and had a super bad headache. I needed a rest. It worked out though and I am feeling a lot better today. We even went to buy medicine. As we were there we were trying to figure out which one to get we both realized we had never bought medicine before. It was always just provided at home. (Ha thanks mom and dad). Pretty funny. It was the sickest I have been on my mission, but things are a lot better. Lots of prayer and faith. Thank you for praying for me!

Memorial day was on our P-day so things worked out pretty well. We had a huge ward party with our Branch and the Short Hills ward at this big park. We played frisbee, soccer, softball, and volleyball. There was tons and tons of food. I didn't eat much cause I was feeling pretty sick. The whole time there was pretty much a constant water-fight. All the little kids had squirt guns and water balloons. They got all the missionaries pretty good. I was super wet but it felt good because it was like 90 degrees. It was just a super fun party. Everyone was so nice and social. We had a pretty good turnout from the Spanish Branch. I think a lot of them had to work still, even on a holiday. Kind of sad, but that's life in Jersey. 

So this week I got to do a baptismal interview for on the the investigators the sisters were teaching named Ja---. He was so prepared to be baptized!!! The sisters found him about a month ago and he got baptized this last Sunday. Man, he is so prepared and loves going to church. He is super funny too. Rretty quiet but he always is laughing or joking around. Especially with us missionaries. He got baptized this last Sunday and it was so special. Practically the whole branch was there. All 35 of us. So special though.

We have been working hard with this one family in our area. The father Ru--- just got baptized and the rest of his family are non members but they have so much potential. They are a little shy around us but we are working with them. We are trying to help Ru--- share the gospel with his family, rather than having it come purely from us. So we decided to do a Family home evening with them tonight. So we are excited to teach the rest of his family. They are prepared, we just need the Spirit there and things will click. Such a blessing.

We are teaching this one family named the Ro---s.  They are from Ecuador (shoutout to Brett) and just the coolest family. They have been investigating the church for a while and one son really wants the get baptized but the parents are a little hesitant. They said last week that they have been doubting whether this church was true or not. It was crazy how fast the Spirit told me to talk about the Book of Mormon with them. That is where the testimony can begin. So last night we had a super powerful Restoration lesson with them and focused it all on the Book of Mormon at the end. We read with them in the Introduction and invited them to read and pray about it. They all committed to. We are so excited to see how it goes. Christ is the center of our work. It is the center of all we do. The Book of Mormon testifies of Christ and those that read it and pray sincerely about if it is true WILL always receive an answer from God manifesting the truthfulness unto them. I have such a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon. I love that book with all my heart. Anyone who hasn't read it and prayed about if it is true or not must do it! It is the start of a testimony in Jesus Christ. 

Thank you for the two packages you sent the last few weeks!! Miracle. Love the goldfish!! and the iPod is PERECT!! Thank you for taking the time to do that. Hope it wasn't too stressful. I have realized how much I love music. SO this is a big blessing. Thank you

We also just got news that Eli Manning (NFL) moved in down the street from us. 

Love you all.  Things are good,
Elder Sumsion

Elder Lundquist and I at our beautiful apartment.  HE IS A GIANT.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment