Thursday, September 5, 2013

ARRIVED! - NJ Week 1, Mission Week 6 -


So I finally made it here!!!!!!!!! So happy. We flew in late so we couldn't see much, but Ive been able to see a lot the last couple days. Its so green here its ridiculous. Never realized how dry Utah was. I honestly 100% feel like I am in the middle of a forest. Trees, and huge ones too, are everywhere! The last two days have been awesome. I was in complete shock for the first 24 hours, and still are but Im doing a lot better. First morning in the mission home we are at a seminar on driving in the mission. I felt absolutely terrible! Terrible about everything; the mission, driving, Spanish.  Then right after we have an orientation meeting with President Jeppson. But this just changed everything. He said he had been dearly praying that the Lord would send him missionaries with a desire to work hard. He said that the Lord must really trust us to send us to the NJ mission. I know probably every mission president says that, but it really hit me hard and I felt the Spirit so strong. Its hard to see why I need to be here, but I know that the Lord has called me to the right place.

After this we all loaded up in the car and headed to Zone Transfer meeting. We got our companions here. Mom, I have been praying so much for a good trainer and a good first companion because we are with them 12 weeks. I could really feel your prayers too. It was a cool experience. All the new missionaries were on one side of the room and the trainers were on the others side. I was praying so hard right then to please bless me with a great comp. Right then I looked up and saw one of the Spanish Elder trainers. A great sense of peace came over me and I knew he was my companion. I could really feel the Lord's love for me. I could almost feel him saying that he loves me and I need to not worry but to trust him.
Love you all so much!
Elder Sumsion

In his phone call from the airport, he said he loved hearing from everyone but a printed letter (dear elder or US mail) is better since he never has time to read them all, especially longer other missionary updates.  His address is on the side of this blog and a post below.  He truly appreciates all the support though and everyone writing to him - THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment