Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Ironbound Week 17 - A rollercoaster week!



Okay when I talk about crazy weeks..... This just took the crown from them all. Some of the weirdest and craziest moments of my mission just got slammed into a single week and capped off. Forget the rest of the last 21 months and check this out. The saddest part is that it wasn't even about proselyting or anything cool like that. But Check this out!

Well being a boss mission president like he is, President Taggart (and I'm sure Sister Taggart had a big say in this all, too) made a new rule about 6 months ago about how every missionary is allowed to go to six flags ONCE in their mission???? What in the world??? So at first I was like not too stoked about it. Just like whatever I'll just go later after the mission or something because me time is short and I don't want to go down and be in that crazy place as a missionary! Well somehow F---- and P--- found out about it like a week ago and man they wanted to go soooooooooooo bad with us. We were debating it for sooo long. So finally I went on a three way conference call with E Bellavance and E Warnock and were debating it still and finally we were just like: okay fine LETS DO IT. So yes on thursday we went to six flags. Totally legal. Totally okay with Presidents permission, but still was weird. But at the same time it was so much fun! Haha 5 of us missionaries went down with them and we got to hit all the crazy roller coasters???? Who would have ever thought I'd go on a roller coaster as a missionary??????? Haha it was a joke but so fun. F---- and P---- had a blast and were super happy that we all went with them. They are an awesome family. SO yeah that was part ONE of the week.

Part TWO!!! We get home from six flags on time and get to a lesson. We teach the lesson and the other Elders (E Warnock and E Pacheco) drive us home. Well we are making a turn and BOOM. We get T-boned in the middle of the intersection. HARD. We slide all the way across the intersection and up onto the sidewalk and stop. Airbags went off and two crunched cars remained. It was nuts. We were all like what in the world just happened? Everyone is OKAY!!!!! E Warnock got the worst of it and his shoulder hurts but nothing is broken! I am fine. like 100% I felt like my insides got crushed right when it happen. But I have no symptoms at all. My neck muscles dont even hurt. So yeah we got hit but we are all okay. E Pacheco was driving. I was in the back left seat in the car. E Pacheco feels super sad about it, but we just kept telling him its okay. Because nobody got hurt. It was two 19 year old girls in the other car. They were fine too. The cops came, the fire trucks, and eventually they towed both the cars. All this happened at like 9:15 PM and we left the scene at like 11:00 PM and walked over to this McDonalds and called this member who owns a Taxi business and he came and drove us home. We got home at like 11:20 and all of us just sat there for like 30 minutes, blank stares, like wow that could have been a lot worse! We just totaled two cars! We finally got to bed and yeah everything is back to normal now. We are all good! 

Well besides getting our bodies thrown around intentionally and unintentially this week, we did see some other miracles too. We gave a member a blessing this week right before his surgery and after his surgery went awesome and he is good now! Went on exchange with our District Leader and we saw tons of our investigators and recent converts. Haha (when I say DL I mean Elder Warnock). Saw some miracles on that exchange. One of our awesome member families invited M--- (recent convert) over for an FHE and did a great job helping him feel included. We all ate cuero after. We had one of the most spiritual district meeting of my mission last week. Tons of good trainings from the older missionaries. I gave a 25 min one on MIRACLES. Haha waddayaknow??  We found anew Uruguay investigator this week. Helped F----- prepare to teach gospel principles this last sunday. She did awesome! We have been focusing on reading the Book of Mormon in the lessons with a few of our investigators. Stuffed out of our minds on Saturday. Had a great less active family come to church! and saw a less active last night that we have been trying for a while. Good week.

We are as tired as ever. but we are alive, okay, and happy representatives of the Lord, Jesus Christ. This is His work. And we have the blessing to be part of it. God protects his missionaries!! I promise mom. We are good!

Well things are going solid. Thanks for the prayers. I love you all so much.

Elder Sumsion


I will send some more photos next week. Pablo has a lot on his camera. Here is the beast. THE KINGDA KA. Tallest Roller Coaster in the WORLD. 126 MPH- our tags would've blown right off.  I have wanted to ride this for the past 5 years. When I first saw where it was I thought, "Jersey??? When am I ever going to be in Jersey???". haha oh how things have changed...





No comments:

Post a Comment