Monday, December 2, 2013

Week 13 Perth Amboy NJ, Week 19 Mission

Hola Familia!

This week in Jersey has been absolutely mind-blowing. I so wanted to get transferred last week to go try out some more of beautiful Jersey, but now I am so glad I didn't! We are loving it and doing some great work out here in Amboy and there is a good chance I may stay another. I have been focusing a lot of charity the past few days, and wow it has opened up my mind so much. I am living at seriously such a higher potential. Me and my companion started getting along even better. We are working hard and having so much fun doing it.

I recommitted myself this last week to give this mission everything I have. Well actually give the Lord everything I have. Every once of strength. I have been reading this talk like nonstop called the fourth missionary. Its genius. It talks about letting go of your own wants and focusing your whole self in the work. It has really helped me serve with more potential and more love out here. 

Spanish has been absolutely shredding me mentally. You know how much I liked to talk when I was younger. I was a quiet kid. And even in high school, I didn't enjoy just talking that much. Out here, there is no excuse. Its is a commandment to open my mouth and talk. Not too bad at first, but then Spanish on top of that and it got tough. But I really have committed myself to learn this language. Me and my companion started talking Spanish all day when we are out proselyting. The gift of tongues only comes when you do all you can to struggle to learn the language. So we are just speaking it more and more. Its coming along well. I have no doubt that it will come with the Lord's help. I love it. Its actually kind of fun. 

Alright here it is: Thanksgiving day in NJ!!

We honestly had an awesome day for Thanksgiving. I made some Park City Peace Cakes for the apartment- courtesy of The Hopkins package. They all loved them.  The Assistants organized a 'Turkey bowl' where we got about 6 zones together and played some good old American football. It was super fun and social and actually pretty good games. There were so good players. And a couple of huge Tongans I had to defend. Ha they could stand taller than I could jump. So fun though. Its was absolutely freezing too. Probably around 30 or so. We were all pretty chilled to the core. After that we went home and did our famous weekly planning for 3 hours. Which is basically just planning for the upcoming week. Then we went to this Senior Couple's apartment for dinner with our district. Straight up American thanksgiving. Ha absolutely delicious! They had everything. mashed potatoes, turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, rolls, and pumpkin pie. Everything! So blessed. Then after we had an appointment with some Dominicans which we got fed a whole other thanksgiving. This time, it was Dominican Styled. So much food!!! Loved it. Feel blessed to be here in Jersey.

On Tuesday we were having a pretty slow day. We had been walking around for a few hours in the drizzling rain with no success. We were trying to get in contact with a few formers but nobody was home. Finally I was freezing and said a simple prayer asking Heavenly Father to help us find someone. The next house we tried, they let us in!! We just knocked and I got about halfway through: somos los misioneros de la Iglesia de Jesucristo... and they just said entre, entre. Come in, come in! So we went right in and we got to teach them a whole first lesson. Super quick answer to my prayers. Its amazing what the Lord is willing to give to those who just ask.

I love you so much family. You mean the world to me. I have never though so much about you and how grateful I am for our family. Keep up all your hard work at keeping our family strong! Come what may, and love it. The church is true, and I love it. 

Keep up all your hard work family. I know the new callings are tough. I know that sometimes the Lord's way sometime seems hard, but it is always right and will always be the happier route. Trust the Holy Ghost and the Lord's promptings.

Peace out, love you all,
Elder Sumsion

Shoutouts!!!

Vander Veur Family- Thank you so much for the awesome post card. Park City is lookin' fine. Thanks for the support and love. How is my man CJ doing?!

The Hopkins- Thank you for the treat-filled package. Oh wow the Park City Peace Cake mix was a huge surprise. I made them for my companion and the other two Elders we are with. They enjoyed them so much.


Amy Williams- Thank you again for the encouraging letters that you always send. They are so motivating and always get me to work harder, which is always a good thing. Thanks for the support. And all the support you give my mom.

Turkey Bowl - quick snap shot

No comments:

Post a Comment