Monday, July 6, 2015

"The End"



Dear family and friends,
 Thank you for being interested in our son Elder Sumsion.  We are so grateful for your prayers and emails and packages and well wishes for him.  We cannot thank you enough.  Here it is drawing to a close.  He will be home Wednesday.  While we are SOOOO excited we can hardly stand it, our hearts aches a little for him as I can feel his pain of leaving a life and service he has grown to love.  All I can say is to add my testimony in tears that I believe with all my heart that this work is divine and that the gospel of Jesus Christ is the only way for us to be truly happy now and in the future.  It is a Pearl of Great Price and I cherish it and am grateful to have this knowledge in my life.  I am so grateful for the man Elder Sumsion has become and I will be forever grateful for his willingness to serve the Lord in a most unselfish way while smiling through the hard times.  He sent a very sweet personal note of his gratitude for all of us.  I love his reference to soccer.
Hugs,
Kristen Sumsion

Last Email from Elder Sumsion:

July 6, 2015 

Well I can definitely say that was one CRAZY week. Probably one of the hardest weeks of my entire mission. Hard but good. I cant believe its the end, I mean I always realized it would come someday but now it is weird to see it in full. Wednesday was rough. Really rough. I had my last departing interview and just had to pray a lot after that. But the peace came. Like it always has and like it always does. A way of God telling me he is there. The same peace I have felt thousands of times on my mission.

But boy does it feel good to have just left it out all in the field. I feel like coming out of one of my soccer games in high school. Dead tired, feet aching, shins all cleated-up. But a smile on my face. Its sad to be leaving all this, but at the same time it feels good. A peaceful good.

I will be forever grateful for the last two years. And for everything that has happened. The people I have met and the friends I have made. And for the person I have become. This last week I realized how much I have truly grown and changed. It truly is because of the Savior and what he has done for me. What a blessing a mission truly is.

Thank you family. Mom and Dad, Sam, Alexis, Chloe. And all my friends and leaders at home. 

Guess this is it. 

Its all good in the hood,

Love ya!

Elder Sumsion


#############################


Where is the GOOD, without the HOOD???? haha 

Notice the text - East to West - love it!  Here he comes!


No comments:

Post a Comment